Inspiration in Every Detail
An unrivalled merge of form and function – The X2D 100C establishes itself as Hasselblad’s flagship mirrorless medium format camera. A 100-megapixel CMOS sensor and advancements in image quality, focusing, stabilisation, responsiveness, and storage, are built into iconic Scandinavian design. The X2D 100C both embodies the classic aesthetics of the X System, and yet evolves, with a new dark grey tone.
The X2D utilises a 100-megapixel medium format back-side illuminated (BSI) CMOS sensor with a native ISO of 64, capturing vivid colour and detail. Over 281 trillion colours are represented with the 16-bit colour depth. This immense dimension of colour paired with 15 stops of dynamic range allows the X2D 100C to capture true-to-life highlights and shadows with natural transitions.
294 Phase Detection Autofocus (PDAF) zones spread over the 100-megapixel sensor surface provide swift and accurate focusing.
A 5-axis 7-stop in-body image stabilisation (IBIS) system stabilizes the 100-megapixel sensor to assist in capturing crisp handheld shots. To better control the size and weight of the X2D 100C, Hasselblad has built the most compact medium format IBIS solution on the market.1 It meets the stringent requirements a 100-megapixel medium format sensor has for stabilisation while ensuring the light weight and portability of the camera.
A first for medium format cameras,1 the X2D 100C features a built-in 1TB SSD with a write speed up to 2370MB/s and a read speed up to 2850MB/s.2 Although ample storage is built-in, additional space can be added using the CFexpress Type B card slot.
The X2D 100C boasts faster response times, ensuring important moments are quickly captured. The electronic viewfinder (EVF) magnifies up to 1.0x,3 expanding the camera view for an immersive experience. An upgraded 5.76-million-dot OLED screen supports electric refractive error correction for sharp and convenient focus checking. A new 1.08-inch coloured top display publishes the camera status and shooting parameters. The 3.6-inch 2.36-million-dot touch display tilts to gradual angles for diverse shooting needs.
Key features of the X2D 100C include:
- Large medium format 100MP BSI CMOS sensor
- Up to 15 stops of dynamic range, 16-bit colour depth
- ISO 64 to ISO 25600
- 294 phase detection autofocus (PDAF) zones
- 5-axis 7-stop in-body image stabilisation
- Built-in 1TB SSD, with a write speed up to 2370MB/s and read speeds up to 2850MB/s2
- CFexpress Type B card slot
- 76M-dot OLED electronic viewfinder (EVF)
- 08-inch coloured top display
- High-resolution, 3.6-inch, 2.36M-dot touch and tilt screen
- Intuitive user interface with swipe and pinch touch controls
- Dual-band 2.4/5GHz Wi-Fi connection4
- USB-C 3.1 Gen 2 port
- PD 3.0 fast charging protocol
- Portable workflow with Phocus Mobile 2 support5
- Among interchangeable-lens mirrorless digital cameras with a 55mm-diameter CMOS sensor (according to a Hasselblad market survey on March 1, 2022).
- Sequential read/write measured using IOmeter 1.1 with a queue depth of 32. Set to 128KB alignment.
- When measured with a 65mm medium-format lens, X2D 100C EVF supports magnification up to 1.0x.
- Certain countries/regions cannot use a 5GHz frequency band due to legal restrictions.
- The Phocus Mobile 2 app is not currently compatible with the X2D 100C. Compatibility will be available later this year (2022). Check the app for updates. Phocus Mobile 2 requires an iPad or iPhone X or later with internal storage of 3GB (RAM) or more and an operating system of iOS 15.0 or later.
*All data and sources above are results from Hasselblad laboratories.
In the Box
X2D 100C Camera Body × 1 (Includes battery and protection cover lid.)
30W USB-C Charger × 1
USB-C to USB-C Cable × 1
Shoulder Strap × 1
Battery Cap × 1